Get Your West On in Carbon County, Wyoming!
1) First Place (4 Tickets to See the Rockies in Denver, CO & $150 Winner) - Kyle Cook - Night Camping in Sierra Madres
2) Second Place $50 Winner - Andy Schroetlin - Kayaking Miracle Mile
3) Honorable Mention $25 Winner - Kirby C. Hornbeck - Elk Mountain
Thanks to everyone who participated in the Spring 2017 Photo Contest. We had a great selection of beautiful photos to choose from. The top prize is 4 Rockies Tickets & $150 and we are also awarding a $50 cash prize for second place and a $25 cash prize for honorable mention.
Wyoming Office of Tourism Road Trip stickers are available at the Wyoming Frontier Prison in Rawlins and the Riverside Visitor Center. Come pick up your free Wyoming Road Trip Stickers to commemorate your trip!
Watch our new video, My Yellowstone Trail, Carbon County for a preview!
Headquarters for your Western Adventure
SPIRIT WEST RIVER LODGE — one of Wyoming's most unique Bed and Breakfasts. Located just outside the small town of Riverside,Wyoming, this secluded get-away is nestled on a picturesque bend of the Encampment River. Surrounded by the breathtaking Sierra Madre Mountains of southern Wyoming, this area offers not only some of the West's most beautiful scenery but also some of Wyoming's best year-round fun for sport and outdoor enthusiasts.
Spirit West is both the old and the new, handsomely wrapped into one private getaway. The sprawling one-story lodge is constructed of massive pine logs that comfortably welcome visitors, while intriguing Indian and western decor reminds guests of what the Wild West used to be. This is a special place where the river tells a story of mountain men and Indians who gathered along its banks over a hundred years ago. Abundant wildlife still thrives here, but the fox and raccoon are a little tamer these days . . . and you might even get to pet a deer!
• The main Lodge has four private bedroom/baths, each with two entrances, including an exterior door opening to a large deck, which overhangs the Encampment River:
The Stagecoach Room
The Wildrose Room
The Buffalo Room
The Rendezvous Room
• The main Lodge has two larger bedroom/baths with fully equipped kitchenettes and private outdoor grills overlooking the river.
• All accommodations at Sprit West are restricted to children 12 years of age and older.
• Spirit West is a non-smoking bed and breakfast
© Carbon County Visitors Council • All Rights Reserved.