Get Your West On in Carbon County, Wyoming!
1) First Place (4 Tickets to See the Rockies in Denver, CO & $150 Winner) - Kyle Cook - Night Camping in Sierra Madres
2) Second Place $50 Winner - Andy Schroetlin - Kayaking Miracle Mile
3) Honorable Mention $25 Winner - Kirby C. Hornbeck - Elk Mountain
Thanks to everyone who participated in the Spring 2017 Photo Contest. We had a great selection of beautiful photos to choose from. The top prize is 4 Rockies Tickets & $150 and we are also awarding a $50 cash prize for second place and a $25 cash prize for honorable mention.
Wyoming Office of Tourism Road Trip stickers are available at the Wyoming Frontier Prison in Rawlins and the Riverside Visitor Center. Come pick up your free Wyoming Road Trip Stickers to commemorate your trip!
Watch our new video, My Yellowstone Trail, Carbon County for a preview!
The Elk Mountain Cabins, are a short drive to the Medicine Bow National Forest. In the shadow of the great Snowy Range you will experience exceptional hiking, fishing, and bird watching.
Featuring 4 fantastic cabin options: The Redwing, the Nighthawk, the Kingfisher, the Heron.
After a day of exploring you can return to relax at the Elk Mountain Cabins either to grill on the patio or utilize your completely furnished kitchen.
Open Memorial Day through October 1st. Inquire for off season availability.
• We are open from Memorial Day thru 1st of October. Please inquire for off season availability
• Victor Anderson originally built the Elk Mountain cabins in the 1940’s. He was one of eight children (John, Andrew, Eric, Carl, Walter, Ruth and Elsie) born to Margaret and Andrew Anderson who immigrated to Wyoming from Sweden. After working on the Union Pacific in Rawlins Wyoming the family settled in Elk Mountain where Andrew Anderson built the main house (4 room cabin) around the turn of the twentieth century.
• Explore the breathtaking northern hiking trails of the Medicine Bow Mountains or in the Medicine Bow National Forest.
© Carbon County Visitors Council • All Rights Reserved.