Get Your West On in Carbon County, Wyoming!
1) First Place (4 Tickets to See the Rockies in Denver, CO & $150 Winner) - Kyle Cook - Night Camping in Sierra Madres
2) Second Place $50 Winner - Andy Schroetlin - Kayaking Miracle Mile
3) Honorable Mention $25 Winner - Kirby C. Hornbeck - Elk Mountain
Thanks to everyone who participated in the Spring 2017 Photo Contest. We had a great selection of beautiful photos to choose from. The top prize is 4 Rockies Tickets & $150 and we are also awarding a $50 cash prize for second place and a $25 cash prize for honorable mention.
Wyoming Office of Tourism Road Trip stickers are available at the Wyoming Frontier Prison in Rawlins and the Riverside Visitor Center. Come pick up your free Wyoming Road Trip Stickers to commemorate your trip!
Watch our new video, My Yellowstone Trail, Carbon County for a preview!
Amazing Western Adventures
Stay at the "Rustic Mountain Lodge" and enjoy a peaceful mountain view and wholesome country atmosphere with lots of western hospitality, horseback riding, pack trips, fishing, hiking, rock hounding and fully guided tours. By reservation only.
Other lodging option is a secluded cozy cabin. The cabin is 1,000 sq ft, 2 queen-sized bedrooms, living area, a couch that folds out to a bed, a fully equipped kitchen with a counter that opens to the living/dining area, a bathroom (shower/tub combo) and a porch with a grill. It is fully furnished with all electric appliances. A beautiful stone fireplace adds to the beauty. All towels and linens are provided. There is no phone or TV available, but cell phone service is strong. House keeping and meals are your responsibility.
• B&B guests also have the option of fishing a private lake nearby. A fee per pole will be charged. Catch and release is requested, and the use of barb-less hooks required. However, one trophy or two pan-sized eating fish per pole may be kept. Wyoming fishing license required.
• Mountain bike & four-wheeling trails are also available as well as winter activities including cross-country skiing, snowmobile tours, and photo shoots.
• Retreats, seminars and youth programs done by arrangement
© Carbon County Visitors Council • All Rights Reserved.