Get Your West On in Carbon County, Wyoming!
1) First Place (4 Tickets to See the Rockies in Denver, CO & $150 Winner) - Kyle Cook - Night Camping in Sierra Madres
2) Second Place $50 Winner - Andy Schroetlin - Kayaking Miracle Mile
3) Honorable Mention $25 Winner - Kirby C. Hornbeck - Elk Mountain
Thanks to everyone who participated in the Spring 2017 Photo Contest. We had a great selection of beautiful photos to choose from. The top prize is 4 Rockies Tickets & $150 and we are also awarding a $50 cash prize for second place and a $25 cash prize for honorable mention.
Wyoming Office of Tourism Road Trip stickers are available at the Wyoming Frontier Prison in Rawlins and the Riverside Visitor Center. Come pick up your free Wyoming Road Trip Stickers to commemorate your trip!
Watch our new video, My Yellowstone Trail, Carbon County for a preview!
One of Wyoming's hidden gems, The historic Elk Mountain Hotel is an elegantly restored Folk Victorian hotel built in 1905 on the Overland Trail. The hotel has 12 well appointed rooms all with a private bath. Details and photos of the rooms and amenities can be seen at the official website www.elkmountainhotel.com
The nightly rate includes a complimentary continental breakfast. Hot breakfast is available upon request. The Elk Mountain Hotel offers a full service restaurant in the elegant dining room where a blend of American Bistro with a fine European twist is served along with a full liquor license. A conference facility for intimate retreats of up to 14 delegates is available. Dedicated massage room in the hotel, 2 massage therapists with different specialties, 24 hours notice required. This is a perfect getaway destination for couples.
An idyllic base from which to explore the Medicine Bow National Forest and the Snowy Range on foot, on horseback, on skis, by snowmobile or revving up your ATV or ORV.
• Free day tickets are available for guests to use the Olympic sized swimming pool, aerobic equipment and weight room at the Hanna Recreational Center just 14 miles north of the hotel.
• Elk Mountain Hotel is a popular destination for weddings in Carbon County, Wyoming
• Conference room is available
• Our restaurant features fine dining American and European gourmet style cuisine in the relaxed and welcoming surroundings of our Victorian era ambiance.
© Carbon County Visitors Council • All Rights Reserved.